Sunday, April 8, 2012

Getting Down & Dirty to Get Up With Research

So remember in my last post (yes, I know it was forever ago) I mentioned I would be running a race in April?!! Guess who is doing a MUD run, a Survivor Mud Run April 21, 2012? Yours truly along with super, awesome SMA mom's Victoria Strong and Meri Phelps. Here's the details on the where, when and how:


Survivor Mud Run (You have to check out the video to see how nuts we are for signing up for this.)






Yes, we are going to get down and dirty with some mud to raise funds for research for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). We decided it would be ok for mud to get in cracks it shouldn't be to raise money for SMA. To possibly loose an eye contact from wet dirt and blindly finish the race to raise awareness for SMA. To kick some SMA a** (butt) with a good slinging of mud.

But I can't do it ALL myself (well sometimes I pretend I'm Super Woman, but that's besides the point).  This is where I need your help. I have made a goal to raise $3000 by November for the Santa Barbara International Marathon by joining Team GSF. I will be running the half marathon in November, but until then I will be doing some smaller races for training like this super crazy mud run. My goal is to raise $500 for the Survivor Mud Run.

Making a donation couldn't be easier. By clicking here you can visit my fundraising page. Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.


My daughter Hayden was born a survivor. She overcomes the obstacles and difficulties SMA has put before her daily. So for me to put one foot in front of the other and get drenched in some mud; it all pales in comparison to her tenacity to live and love life.  


We thank you for your support in helping us fund research to find a cure for SMA!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you!!! It's gonna be a blast! We are going to donate!
    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete